The PX series Static Frequency Converters are versatile devices used to convert AC power frequency from one value to another. They are capable of converting frequencies such as 50Hz to 60Hz, 60Hz to 50Hz, 50Hz to 400Hz, and 60Hz to 400Hz. These converters also allow for user-defined frequency conversions, such as 6.67Hz, 25Hz, and 100Hz.
The range of models available includes single-phase units ranging from 0.5kVA to 200kVA capacity, as well as three-phase models ranging from 1kVA to a maximum of 2000kVA capacity. The specifications tab provides further details on the available options within these ranges.
The operation of PX series Static Frequency Converters involves a built-in rectifier that converts the incoming AC power into DC. This DC power is then inverted into the desired frequency and voltage using PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) and IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) switching. The conversion process also includes a built-in isolation transformer, which is crucial for achieving input-output isolation and eliminating ground loops.
The PX series converters offer several advantages, making them well-suited for various applications. They are commonly used for product testing and operating imported/exported equipment. Additionally, they find extensive use in testing commercial and military aerospace avionics equipment, including the operation of electronics that rely on 400Hz power onboard aircraft or military vessels. These converters facilitate the testing of maximum and minimum AC parameters such as drop-out voltage, current, and frequency range.
Key Features of the PX series Static Frequency Converters include:
- Double conversion: AC to DC rectification followed by DC to AC inversion.
- PWM and IGBT technology: Ensures efficient and accurate frequency conversion.
- Low harmonic distortion and Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Produces clean power output with minimal harmonic content.
- Pure sine wave output: Replicates the quality of utility power.
- LED display and tactile key buttons: Provides user-friendly interface for monitoring and control.
- Comprehensive protection: Includes features to safeguard against over-temperature, over-voltage, excessive current, and power issues.
- Fixed and variable frequency selection: Allows flexibility in choosing the desired output frequency.
- Single-phase and three-phase availability: Cater to different power requirements.
- Isolated output transformer: Ensures input-output isolation, crucial for eliminating ground loops and maintaining system integrity.
Overall, the PX series Static Frequency Converters offer reliable and efficient frequency conversion solutions for a wide range of applications, ensuring the proper operation of equipment under varying frequency conditions.