PX Electronics are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect information about you, how we use the information we collect, and how you can instruct us if you prefer to change the use of that information.PX Electronics will update this Privacy Notice on a regular basis so that it reflects the measures we are taking in relation to your personal data. This Privacy Notice was last updated on the 30th July 2021.
Who we are
PX Electronics specialise in the design of electrical power and phase angle measuring instrumentation. Our product expertise and consultancy includes applications associated with electrical power instruments and sensors. Many projects include avionics testing, power electronics, power conversion, motors drives, generators and pumps.
How we collect your information
Information about you will be collected by PX Electronics and its subsidiaries in a number of ways:
- When you request a quote
- When you place an order with us
- When you agree to supply PX Electronics with products or services
- When you contact us
- When you review or provide feedback on our products or services
- When you use our website
- When you interact with us through social media or email
What personal information we collect
PX Electronics may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Name and contact information (address, email and telephone number)
- Payment details
- Names and personal information for other people associated with an order – we assume that you have their permission to share this information
- Information relating to your online interaction with PX Electronics, for example the pages you visit on our website, your IP address, device and browser type, as well as social media interactions
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To confirm and remind you of your orders
- To place orders to suppliers and selected third parties
- To provide the services you have requested
- To record your interactions with us
- To personalise the services we offer you through relevant communications, where you have given your consent for this
- To help inform and improve the relevance of our online advertising
- To analyse data so that we can better understand customer behaviours, trends and the impact of our activities
- Where we process your personal information it may be held by Powertek or by trusted third party companies which processes it on our behalf
How we store your personal information
The data that we collect from you will be securely stored and processed in the United Kingdom and may be transferred to, processed or stored at, a trusted third-party destination within Europe or the United States.Where your data is stored and processed by a third party we have contracts in place to ensure that the data is afforded the same protections as it would be if it were hosted in the United Kingdom and in line with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and EU GDPR legislation.
How long we keep your information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service you requested. In some cases we must retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations for reporting (for example, retaining financial records for up to seven years).When your information is no longer required we will delete it securely.We may retain information about customers whose conduct has breached our policies, for the purpose of restricting those customers’ future use of our services.
How we keep your information safe
We follow good security practices (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. We monitor your information where practical to do so to check that it is accurate and up to date.Our security procedures mean that we will need to confirm your identity before we are able to discuss your order or other queries.PX Electronics will never ask you to send online passwords, credit card or bank details by email.
Disclosing your information to other organisations
We may use trusted third parties to process your information on our behalf and when we do, appropriate data privacy contracts and clearly defined processing, storage and retention instructions will be in place. We will only transfer your personal information on the understanding that the third party has undertaken to us that they have in place adequate technical and organisational measures to protect that information.We may release your information to the police or other authorities where we are under a legal obligation to do so, or where doing so is in your vital interests.We may engage with trusted third parties to analyse data about our customers and website users in order to provide us with greater insight into customer behaviour for the purpose of informing future developments.We may also provide anonymous statistics to reputable third parties for the purpose of analysis. These statistics will not include any personal information.
You may, at any time:
- Ask us what information we hold about you and what we are doing with it
- Request copies of the information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct your information if it is inaccurate
- Request that we delete your information
- Ask us to change the way we process your information
- Object to our processing of your information
- Change how we communicate with you
Requests in writing (email or post) can be sent to the address below. You will be required to prove your identity before a personal data request is actioned.
How to get in touch
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to exercise your data privacy rights, please contact us as follows:Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org Write to us: PX Electronics, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2FQ, UK.
Please also view our Website Terms & Conditions: