The PXe-60 Series Static Frequency Converter is designed for various AC power conversion purposes. These include changing the frequency from 50Hz to 60Hz, 60Hz to 50Hz and converting 50/60Hz utility power to 400Hz. These converters are commonly used in applications such as export product testing and operational tests of imported equipment, particularly in military and avionics contexts.
Key features and components of the PXe-60 series static frequency converter
- Built-In Rectifier: These converters have a built-in rectifier that converts incoming AC power into DC.
- Frequency and Voltage Conversion: DC power is inverted into the required frequency and voltage using Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) switching technology.
- Isolation Transformer: Incorporating a built-in isolation transformer to ensure electrical isolation between input and output.
- Command and Control Interfaces: These converters offer a variety of command and control interfaces, making them versatile and adaptable for different applications.
- Testing of Military/Avionics Equipment: They are suitable for testing military and avionics equipment, which often operates at a 400Hz frequency. These converters can simulate various conditions, including maximum and minimum power requirements.
- Aircraft Ground Power: They can be used for providing ground power to both fixed-wing and helicopter aircraft. This includes the provision of power in GPU (Ground Power Unit) form.
The mentioned approvals and conformance standards indicate that these converters meet specific industry standards and regulations. This makes them suitable for use in aviation and military applications. These standards include:
- DFS400: Specification for 400 Hz aircraft power, ensuring compatibility with aircraft power systems.
- ISO 6858: Aircraft ground support electric supplies, which specifies requirements for ground support equipment like these converters.
- MIL-STD-704F: Aircraft electric power characteristics, ensuring compliance with military standards for aircraft power systems.
- MH/T6018: Aircraft ground solid-state power unit, which may pertain to the design and performance of these converters.
- EN61000-6-4: Electromagnetic compatibility generic emission standards.
- EN61000-6-2: Electromagnetic compatibility generic immunity standards.
These standards ensure that the converters meet specific requirements for electromagnetic compatibility, emissions, immunity, and safety in aviation and military applications.
Overall, the PXe-60 series static frequency converters are versatile and reliable solutions for various AC power conversion needs in specialised industries.