The PX series Static Frequency Converters are used to change the AC power frequency; for example from 50Hz to 400Hz or 60Hz to 50Hz. In reality we convert 50Hz to 60Hz or 60Hz to 50Hz, 50Hz to 400Hz and 60Hz to 400Hz, allowing for conversions to other user defined frequencies like 6.67Hz/25Hz/100Hz.
We offer single phase models from 0.5kVA up to 200kVA capacity and three phase models from 1kVA up to a maximum 2000kVA capacity. Please see our specifications tab or further information on the ranges available.
Our Static Frequency Converters are based on a built-in rectifier to convert incoming AC power into DC and then invert the DC into the desired frequency and voltage through IGBT switching and a built-in isolation transformer – where it is often crucial to have input-output isolation to eliminate ground loops.
The PX series have many advantages, making them ideal for product testing and operation of imported/exported equipment, but also for applications such as the testing of commercial and military aerospace avionics equipment including the operation of 400Hz electronics that are onboard aircraft or a military vessel. The PX series static converters allow testing of max and min ac parameters like drop-out voltage, current and max/min frequency.
- Double conversion
- PWM and IGBT
- Low harmonic distortion Low THD
- Pure sine wave output
- LED display and tactile key buttons
- Complete protection: over-temp, over voltage, current and power
- Fixed and variable frequency selection
- Single & triple phase available
- Input to output uses isolated output transformer
- Performance testing of appliances
- Compliance testing of dropout and regulation
- Aviation and avionics LRUs
- Aircraft Systems
- Industrial Electrical equipment
- Marine Power Solutions
- Shoreside Power Solutions
- Laboratory and test instruments
- Motors, fans and pumps